Heading to A Holy Land

This will be my fourth time going to Ireland. It feels like a homecoming for me, because the first time I ever went to Ireland I instantly felt at home. Are used to think that I had a lot of Irish in my ancestery parentheses I do not. It’s mostly Scottish.) But I do feel as if my spiritual ancestery comes from this place. Celtic Christianity has been kind of a “thing” (especially in the Episcopal church) For a long time. But lest  it go to the trash-heap  of trends, Celtic Christianity is an important and very
real kind of spirituality and very real kind of way of life.  For me, it arises from a very deep connection to finding God in the midst of everything in creation and other people and even and just common ordinary every day life.

Just talked to Con, our guide, and he is really excited about being with us. Con is one of those people, I’d imagine, with whom the conversation just picks up where wit left off the last time we were together. He said, “the weather is incredible, after one of the hardest winters ever.”   We are in for a beautiful time in a place that is truly holy.

Comments

Popular Posts