Finding Courage- Emma Sawyer

The other day, we went white water rafting. And honestly, I have no clue how well rafting on the Chattahoochee is going to compare to this.

The river we rafted down was absolutely gorgeous. Cold, but gorgeous.

We went into a cave that was pretty hidden behind a waterfall. The water from the waterfall was freezing, but I persevered, because it was honestly really refreshing.

We had to jump from the rocks of the cave into a little pool of water and swim to the other side. Then, we had to climb on top of and over rocks on the inside of the cave until we got to the other side.

Needless to say, I was really scared.

I also jumped off of a cliff that was three meters (thirty feet) high. That was scarier than the cave. But, it gave me a sense of bravery that I couldn't have gotten if I'd decided not to do it. I knew that I'd never get the chance to do it ever again, and that I would regret it if I didn't take the opportunity.

So, I jumped from a thirty foot cliff (with a life jacket and helmet on) into cold river water.

And now, I feel like I can do anything.

Before I left the US for Croatia, I was the quiet, timid kid in the back or front of the class that was too scared to raise her hand because she was afraid of looking stupid.

Now, I could do it without having any problem.

If I hadn't come, I wouldn't have gotten any more courageous than Shaggy and Scooby Doo.

Comments

  1. Emma this sounds so awesome! Wish I had been there to see it! (But not sad about missing the cold water!) Carry on -- sounds like a great pilgrimage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts