Laying down Our Burdens-Claire Rinck

As I sit out on our balcony over looking the Adriatic Sea, and I see the dancing lights on the horizon outlining cities and villages, I am reminded of the amazing adventures we have embarked on thus far. Today, we traveled to Salona and saw the graves of those how sacrificed themselves rather than deny their faith in God. When we came to the arena where many people died, we had a moment of reflection. After we joined together for Eucharist in the middle of the arena, we wrote down a burden we wanted God to take from us. After each of us wrote down our burdens on our rocks from the beach, we joined hands and prayed for God to take them from us in order for us to move on. When we left the arena not only did I feel that God was looking down on us, but I also felt that by walking away from our rocks I became mentally lighter. Today helped many of us begin to let go of these burdens to be able to move on and start the process of becoming our true selves.  Today, God was with us, guiding us and teaching us about love and faith in him.   

Comments

Popular Posts