Buen Camino- Tim Frilingos

As we were sitting waiting for our flight to Miami, I asked the pilgrims sitting around me if they had   orgotten anything. Everyone seemed set and well provisioned, but sometimes you don't realize what you haven't packed until you are further on your journey. We will see if things have been forgotten.

One thing I remembered was my journal from my pilgrimage to Iona. It was full of words and drawings from that trip that remind me of the person I was at that time. That first pilgrimage affected me deeply, especially as a traveler and all of my journeys since that time have had an added dimension of pilgrimage.

What I am praying for this band of pilgrims beyond health and safety is to experience this difference in what it means to be a pilgrim rather than a tourist. To see all of our interactions and experiences as a chance to see God. Buen Camino!

Comments

Popular Posts