Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages……Lynda


The closer we get to our departure day, the more I hear this melodic line from

The Canterbury Tales, thanks to my high school English teacher, who made us recite the first part of the Prologue in
Middle English. I long to go on pilgrimage. I am excited about this journey to the way of St. James. But like with every big trip I plan, I am also anxious. What was I thinking? I deal with my anxiety by making lists, reading books and trying to preview as much as possible. My husband laughs at my stack of books. When will it end, he asks? I won’t have time to read all these books. I will leave them here, to read when I return. What I am packing are these books of blank pages. One is a gratitude journal. One is a journal I will use to record the journey. The third is for pages I can tear out for paper prayers to leave at the shrines along the way. A friend has asked me to carry a sorrow stone to leave on the path. She also wants me to carry her cross on the path and return it to her. 

Comments

Popular Posts