Myrna: The Sweetest Lady In the History of the Earth- Faith


Today was magical. I woke up to Tim telling us it was time for morning prayer. Instead of dreading waking up, I was looking forward for the peacefullness. I ate breakfast and slowly woke up. Having no idea what we were doing, other than whale watching, I tried to live completely in the now. We stopped and hopped off the bus, heading in to a church. Stepping inside we saw the cutest old lady, Myra, I have possibly ever seen. She had the biggest smile on her face and greeted us as if she'd known is forever. We sat in the pews, waiting for Myra to speak. She talked about her experience as a Tlingit and her culture. We heard her language and the different sects within the one tribe. There were the Eagles and the Ravens, which then had their own clans. After listening to her life and the life of her tribe we got to try on some of the tribal regalia. During this time I got the chance to speak to her one on one. Before we left, I felt the need to hand her one of my gifts. My gift is simply a card with a quote on the front, and a bible verse in the middle, along with my name and email address. I added my email address knowing that who ever I gave my gifts to, I would love to talk to more. I handed Myra the gift and the look of joy on her face is nothing that I have ever seen before. She looked so genuinely great full. Just being around her gave me a sense of fulfillment and joy. She gave me a hug, like none I have ever had before. There was so much love in that hug. She hugged closely and with emotion, even rubbing my back. I have never met someone like Myra in my life. It is a moment that I will remember forever.  She taught me the necessity of being kind to everyone you meet and generous with all your time and possessions. Myra left a positive impact on me, one that I will keep with me forever. 

Comments

Popular Posts