An Open Mind- Mathes Vaughan

As I finish up my packing for this trip to Alaska, I have been thinking back on all of the preparation that has gotten me to this point. This pilgrimage really started about a year ago, when we agreed to come on this trip to Alaska. Since then, I have spent a lot of time thinking about what I want to get out of this trip. At first, there was nothing that jumped out at me. I don't have anything overwhelmingly difficult in my life that I need to work through. As I continued to come up with ideas about what I wanted pilgrimage to mean, I began to force things and attempt to predict what experiences will mean before we’ve even left. So I have decided that I am not going to decide  what this pilgrimage will mean for me – at least, not yet. I am going to go in to this pilgrimage with an open mind and take things as they come, waiting to see what this incredible opportunity may lead me to.  


Thanks,


Mathes

Comments

Popular Posts