Facing Fears- Eli Leary

I've gotten a lot braver in this trip. I used to be really scared of flying, now I'm only kinda scared. This is also the longest I've been away from home without my parents. I was really scared at first. But everyone was really nice to me even when I was scared of things that are irrational. I've also had a fear of highs for the longest time. When er climbed Mt. Gastineau, I was really scared at first, even if we were just hiking. When we were heading back from the top, me and some others went over to some peaks and walked in them (there are lots of pictures). I didn't go as far up as some other people did, but I really pushed my limits of what I thought I could do. Later while we were hiking back, we accidentally got off of the trail. We were faced with two choices: sliding down the snow bank, or walking across a cliff side above the snow. Because    
I didn't want to sled down, I went across the cliff side. About halfway through, I got mentally stuck and felt I couldn't keep going. Chris and Tim helped me across while I was having my panic attack and helped keep me calm. When I was across and walked down the tail to the bottom where everyone else was, I saw that what I did may have been a lot scarier than sledding down (there are also pictures of this). In this trip I faced a lot of my fears. I'm still not over them, but I'm a step in that direction

Comments

Popular Posts