10 Mile Hike

Today we went on a 10 mile hike.  :) Quite interesting I have to say, but I actually enjoyed the adventure that it held. I was able to think about a lot of different things while I was walking through the dense Alaskan forest. The plants here are so different than in Atlanta but they are quite beautiful. All of the moss here really doesn't seem to fit the north west, and I spoke with Cameron today and she and I both agreed that it seems like we are in a colder part of South America. I have also noticed that all the rocks here are usually round and some have stripes on them. The views here are absolutely fantastic. Everywhere that I look there things become more and more beautiful. Today we went on a 10 mile hike.  :) Quite interesting I have to say, but I actually enjoyed the adventure that it held. I was able to think about a lot of different things while I was walking through the dense Alaskan forest. The plants here are so different than in Atlanta but they are quite beautiful. All of the moss here really doesn't seem to fit the north west, and I spoke with Cameron today and she and I both agreed that it seems like we are in a colder part of South America. I have also noticed that all the rocks here are usually round and some have stripes on them. The views here are absolutely fantastic. Everywhere that I look there things become more and more beautiful. 
    
           
At the turn around of our hike we stopped at a beach in a valley to eat lunch. There were several mountains with snow on the top and a large glacier in the center. I was able to sketch the scenery into my journal when we stopped to write. It's not bad if I say so myself. I feel really content out here in the wilderness and this trip will have many memories that ill remember for the rest of my life. I feel like there is an ore of relaxation that surrounds me throughout the whole day. Even though I will most likely be sore tomorrow from the hike today, it'll be worth it because I was able to see so did the best views that anyone will ever see in a lifetime. I anticipate the adventures that the next day will hold, and hope that tomorrow will be as fantastic as today was. 

        

Ed. Note: we had noon day prayer at Mendelson glacier today. Deep silence here in the Alaskan wilderness. The pasted picture on here is of The Shrine of St Therese - they were beat this afternoon and we gave them time to lounge and siesta. Finding amazing moments unfolding all the time. You have to understand that this is such a gift to these kids. No phones and a week to slow down and talk, joke, meditate, pray and connect with one another.PS -1130 pm sunset!

Comments

Popular Posts