Joseph Allan-

As I watched the sun set on America, I could not help thinking about all of those I was leaving behind. Those I would miss, and those I was slightly more happy than I should be about leaving. We arrived in the airport at 7am in Ireland which is 2am back home. I just wanted to sleep, but we had to pull through and survive the next 12 hours without it. We hiked for about an hour on a beautiful Irish trail. However, even though I recognized it's beauty, I was in such a bad mood that I did not enjoy as much as I wished I had. Upon arriving I was dismayed to realize that my phone (which I probably should not have taken in the first place) could not connect to the internet. I tried for about half an hour to make it work before resigning myself to the idea that I was going a to actually have to a socialize with the people around me. At this point I was running on about 33 hours with no sleep so I passed out. When I woke up this morning however, the strangest thing happened. I was excited. Excited about the day and the trip. I was no longer bogged down by the weight of my phone and all the things that it brings with it. I had had a full nights sleep and I was ready for the day. I have no doubt that the trip will be full of toiling days but I think I am ready for them now. 

Comments

Popular Posts