Saying Goodbye

It's come to our last day in Ireland and we are so sad to have to leave! We've met so many nice people (shout out to Ann, Con, Naoise, and Mossie) that have
made a big impression on us. Maybe we were lucky with the people we met or maybe it's just the Irish way. Reflecting on our trip is a sad and happy experience. This trip seems so much longer than just eight days although we wish it could last much longer! 
-Lucia


It's the last day and I am sitting in the airport with my dad (Tim) and Lucia waiting for our plane to London. We're all sore from yesterday's hike and very tired (we had to get up at 5:00 AM to leave for the airport). I was surprised by how sad I am to leave Ireland. It was a long drive to the airport (3 hours) and I'm really grateful that I got that time to see the countryside one last time. When we finally made it to te airport I dreaded getting out of the car to say goodbye to Con, but he gave every one of us a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek. I'm really grateful for Con and that this trip was guided by such an incredible  man. I was really sad to go, but I know that this was not my last time seeing Ireland or Con (he wants to come visit friends in Atlanta this year). We are very lucky to have gone on such a fantastic trip and I think that we are coming back to America as changed individuals. 
-obb

Comments

Popular Posts